Sunday

Blogging vs. Blah-ging

Got this from thunderpopcola.tumblr.com. I just felt like sharing it to you guys. Enjoy!


My blogging philosophy tells me to only blog when I really have something to say and not because I want to say something…The mere advocacy here is to publish with quality, significance and relevance. Writing just one paragraph doesn’t mean it can’t be thought-provoking.
…If your goal in blogging is just so you can keep up with others or make sure you’re never out of sight, out of mind and to get even more following that what you already have, then the tendency is for you to keep on hitting that publish button with hellos, empty narratives, a few press materials and pretty much nothing else but blahs.
I know, I know. In reality, our everyday conversations are sometimes super random and gibberish - from the most superficial cravings, gossips and trivial themes. Who doesn’t like a light and casual chat? No one. But when you think about it, the most fun and/or fulfilling conversations - the ones that will truly stick out, are those where you learn new things or where you’re able to share what’s in your heart.
My point is simple. When I say, blog with substance, it doesn’t necessarily equate to overly complex and serious philosophical concepts, fancy words or profundity. The problem with blah-ging is, when you put it in a basic metaphor, is like feeding a person [your reader] with sweets, junk and other treats without any nutritional value, thus making the person either unhealthy or sick. Meanwhile, well-thought entries are similar to food items that are rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish the body. It’s mere elementary science.



No comments:

Post a Comment