Thursday

Obligatory Death Cab Post

One of the items in my bucket list for this year is to watch Death Cab, one of my favorite bands, and I'll make sure of it that I'm not gonna miss this one, since I already missed out on Paramore last 2010. I told myself "Papanuorin ko nalang sila next time na pumunta sila dito." A few months after that, the Farro brothers left the band. And I was like "Damn. Di ko na sila mapapanuod ng buo. If ever they go back here." I totally regretted my decision not to watch it. In fact, I don't remember why I didn't watch it in the first place.

Anyway, not the point of this entry (lagi nalang ako nawawala sa topic haha). Death Cab has been on my ipod since 2nd year HS when a girl I was courting (again not the point of this entry haha) introduced it to me. The first song I heard from them was "I Was a Kaleidoscope". It was her favorite, so my 2nd year HS self called it his favorite as well. I listened to it over and over, never getting sick of it. And as I am typing this entry right now, the lyrics are playing in my head. Anyway, after "I Was a Kaleidoscope"and after that girl left me in pieces (hahaha emo amp), I continued listening to Death Cab. Thanks to some movies and TV series, I got to know more songs from the band. Like "A Lack of Color", which I first heard from this awesome show called The O.C. and "The Sound of Settling" from The Wedding Crashers. Puh-paaaaa. Puh-paaaa. This is the sound of settling. Okay biglang kumanta. Weirdo. Haha.

Among all of the songs I heard from Death Cab, my favorite would be "I Will Follow You Into the Dark". Why? Cuz it speaks to me. Nuks. Pucha. Hahaha. I guess it became my favorite because I can identify with the "speaker" in the song (Wow ah World Lit ba toh? Hahaha) If ever I'll really be that loyal to a girl. No matter what. "If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks... then I'll follow you into the dark."


I really can't wait for March 5. If I could just flip through the pages of my life and just skip to page 65. Damn, I would be a happy camper. If you've been reading this entry, and you're still wondering who Death Cab for Cutie is. Just listen to the songs I've mentioned, or you can just search for their other songs.

Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark


Death Cab for Cutie - I Was a Kaleidoscope



Death Cab for Cutie - A Lack of Color 


No comments:

Post a Comment