Tuesday

Ghost Protocol

I'm not really an avid fan of action movies, but I still watch quality ones from time to time. You see, I'm quite picky when it comes to this genre. Sure, I'm all for the explosions and kick ass scenes, but I make sure I'd really enjoy it. I don't like watching B-action movies. They are a waste of time, for me, at least. Anyway, not the point of this entry.

The Mission Impossible series is a long shot from the franchises that I am a fan of, but when I saw the trailer of MI: Ghost Protocol, I said to myself, "You have to give this movie a break. I know, you're probably reluctant because of Tom Cruise and all, but it looks awesome. Besides, there's still that hot chick and Simon Pegg to distract you. Watch it." And you know what? I did watch it, and I fucking enjoyed every minute of it. I really fucking did. I had a whole new respect for Tom Cruise, especially in that Burj Khalifa scene! And to think, they really did shoot it at the actual building itself. Intense, grabe. I mean look at this motherfucker gliding and shit at the top floors of the tallest tower in the world. Ang galing pucha! Imba. I guess you have to watch it to understand my apparent loss for words. Haha.



Another thing that got me hooked with this movie was Ethan Hunt's new team, composed of my new wife, Jane Carter (Paula Patton), mah main man, Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg), and resident panicky badass Agent Brandt (Jeremy Renner). The team really had good chemistry, and they all complemented each other. No member of the team was useless, and you could see how no one was out of place in the group. Each had their moments in the kick-ass spotlight, even though Tom Cruise had most of the screen time (duuuh siya yung bida). Anyway, their teamwork was so good that you'd be crushed if the next installment didn't feature them together (I'm hoping for an MI:5).

Ethan's new team featuring my wife Paula Patton.

The IMF's gadgets and Tom Cruise's sweet ride (ehem BMW i8 ehem) impressed me. They made me feel like quitting my dreams of Med school and start chasing crazy ass villains around the world. It also made me want to have those things, especially that BMW i8. Man, if I had that car, I'd never get lost, and if Paula Patton was in the car, I'd never get out. HAHAHA!

"Blue is glue. Red is well, dead."
If I had this car, I'd be the happiest man in the world. 
Obviously, you've read how much I love this movie. I haven't really spoiled you guys anything except for some parts, but it's still all good. The awesomeness is still there. So what are you waiting for? Go and fall in love with this movie yourselves! This blog post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment