Wednesday

New Year's Resolution

Di pa nga tapos yung Christmas, gumagawa na ako ng post about the new year. Eh gusto ko eh. Haha. Well it's all because of the movie New Year's Eve, which I have just watched awhile ago. Anyway one of the characters, Ingrid (Michelle Pfeiffer), had a list of resolutions she wanted to finish before the new year started, and to cross off all the items in her list, she asked the help of Paul (Zac Efron), a guy who delivers mail in her office in exchange for some tickets to some New Year's Party. Throughout the movie, Paul helped Ingrid fulfill her resolutions even if most of them weren't so easy to do. He was really creative and witty with his propositions, and that's one of the reasons why I want to do a REAL New Year's Resolutions list.

Every year, I always make a list of resolutions that I should fulfill within the year, but most of them I forget to do or just lose interest. I guess one of the main reasons why I fail at doing these things is that I procrastinate (kaya nga yun yung title ng blog ko eh HAHA). Other than that, I it's probably because of fear or that I become easily bored. Writing and fulfilling resolutions/bucket lists remind me of a reality show called the Buried Life, wherein in every episode always starts with this line: If you had one day left to live what would you do? Ride a bull? Throw a legendary party for everyone you love? Vegas? Now if you had your whole life to live, would you lose that drive, or would your list just keep getting longer? 

That line always gets me thinking. It raises a lot of what if's and what should be's, and I'm starting to realize that the things I want to do in life, even if they may seem impossible to do, always starts with trusting yourself and taking that leap of faith. I've always chided my friend for not taking risks, and now that I think of it, I also lost my drive to take 'em. I figured that the past may have something to do with this, but it's still my fault for letting it cling to me for so long. I may have moved on from the past, but the feeling of dread still stabs me continuously. It has become a block, it's clogging all the drive for risk-taking, and slowly converts it to the pile of regrets I have right now.

Next year, I want it to be awesome. I'm turning 21, and I'm ready to take the risks. If I'm not, I'll make sure to force myself to be ready. I promise that the next New Year's Resolutions list I'll be writing (I'm already thinking of what items to write) will be fulfilled within the year. No cheats. No shortcuts. Just fulfill them the best way I can. I'll also cross them off with the same creativity and wittiness that Paul had in New Year's Eve. I want you guys to be witnesses of that. Kung sino ka man na nagbabasa nitong entry na toh, witness ka whether you like it or not. Walang takas, boy! I'll be posting the list on my birthday (which coincidentally is also New Year's Day), and I want you guys to support me in any way you can. If you feel that I'm slacking off, remind me in the harshest way possible. Make me realize that I need to do it for my sake and for my growth (wow ah, bigat). In return, well wala. You are good friends after all, dapat walang ineexpect in return. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment